India's railway network – the fourth largest in the world next only to the United States, Russia and China. Indian Railways daily ply over 10 000 trains carrying 30 million passengers and 3 million tons of cargo daily. The task of management of the railway system and the entire geographic diversity of the Indian continent is controlled workforce of 1.5 million people.
Trains in India is classified into 9 types. Duronto, Rayzhhani, Shatabdi, Garib Rath, Jan Shatabdi, Super-fast, express, passenger and suburban trains. Train schedule depends on the type of train and on whether the express train or high-speed train. For example, trains and Duronto Rayzhani – a fast train and have fewer stops than with trains that ekspresuyuts slower and have several stops along the route.
Official website of Indian Railways has been designed to provide updated information on timetables and availability of train seats, to allow users to book tickets with maximum convenience.
How to use the IRCTC official website to check availability
• Create a user profile on http://www.irctc.co.in site.
• Log in with a registered username and password.
• Enter the abbreviation for the arrival stations and departure from the dropdown menu.
• Choose the date of travel, and type of ticket quota.
• Check seats for the selected train.
• If there is clear, enter the passenger details and payment information, to book a ticket.
• In case of tickets with a list on the screen, the total number of tickets on the screen, which have been registered in the list and the number of confirmed tickets.
• If the ticket is booked on the waiting list, note PNR number to track the status confirmation.
• Tickets to the lists that are in the list, move to the reservation status against cancellation (RAC) to confirm.
• You can check the PNR via telephone or mobile applications.
• If the ticket is not confirmed in the list, you can cancel your reservation online for about 4 hours before departure of the train from the station, which goes to the train.
cancellation cost will be charged in case of cancellation of the ticket.
• Cost of the ticket minus a cancellation fee credited to the payment account within the prescribed period.
• A user can book a maximum of 6 tickets at a time.
• delivery rates act on the I-ticket.
• Instead of the e-ticket on a laptop, iPad or mobile enabled instead of the printed ticket.